My favorite natural and homemade skin care products
This is an exciting subject for me, because this year "natural" and "simple" were the key words in all the aspect of my life. After trying for so many years to find my identity, to define my personality and personal style, I realized that going back to basic was all I needed. When it comes about skin care, I don't use too many natural or homemade products, but those few I use are really great so I want to share it with you :)
- Lets' start with my favorite <3 : homemade body scrub. - You need: coffee, brown sugar, olive oil, almonds oil, honey and cinnamon for a heavenly scent. - Mix all in a jar until you obtain a thick paste. Coffee is the main ingredient. - I recommend using this scrub 2 times a week, preferably after a long bath. Personally, I fill the tube with hot water, stay in there for 10 minutes, then I massage the scrub over my whole body in circular motion and back in the water for another 10 minutes. - Rinse thoroughly to remove the brown color of the coffee from your body. - I use this scrub on my face, too, using more delicate motions, but if you know having a sensible skin is better to avoid the face area.
Take my word, you will fall in love with this scrub which can help eradicating dead skin cells and give your skin a gorgeous shine and a smooth silky feel!
- Sodium bicarbonate, also known as baking soda, with his many uses is always present in may bathroom and my kitchen. - In my bathroom I use it for long baths, because it helps refresh, renew and soften my skin. It acts like a mild antiseptic. - In my kitchen I use it to wash all my fruits and vegetables.
- Nothing, but nothing works better on cracked lips as olive oil. Not even Vaseline. During winter months I often apply olive oil on my lips before going to bed. Don't forget that exfoliation is crucial for soft lips. Use the homemade coffee scrub!
- Sweet almond oil is my secret weapon for a smooth, soft skin. It is hypoallergenic oil that can be safely used even on baby skin (actually, it is the best massage oil for infants). When gently rubbed into the skin, it gets fully absorbed, making it suitable for using before makeup. See in this article how I include this oil in my beauty routine.
- Fruits face mask. I tested almost anything. I put on may face every fruit I ate. But, the only one that deserves the mess is avocado. Try a face mask with this miracle fruit and your face will be instantly bright and glowing like you have just visited a salon ;)
So, what about you? I'm dying to discover more homemade tricks for a beautiful skin, please share with us!
Hugs and kisses!
PS: If you found my article interesting, please share it with the world! :)