One day trips from Copenhagen: Frederiksborg Castle
Hello, beautiful people! How is the weather in your town? Here is nice and almost warm, the days are getting longer and we can't stop wandering about how many things you can do in Copenhagen or around it. In today's post, I will show some photo I did like a few weeks ago at the beginning of the spring, in a place I fall in love with. A castle, not far away from Copenhagen, with the most beautiful gardens I have ever seen in my entire life! You guessed right, is Frederiksborg Castle, in the center of Hillerød, a city north of Copenhagen.
So, what is so magic about it?
Frederiksborg Castle was built in the early 17th century, as a royal residence for King Christian IV of Denmark-Norway, in the Dutch Renaissance style. In 1859, the castle was almost completely burnt down to the ground by a devastating fire, but it was rebuilt after the original plans and opened to the public in 1882. That's all with the history :))
What can you do there?
- You can visit a permanent art exhibition and get a glimpse at the history of Denmark. The collection is quite impressive, luxuriant, with a lot of portraits, historical paintings, sculptures and modern art. The castle architecture is absolutely magnificent, the place itself is extravagant and sumptuous
- Spend all the day in the beautiful baroque garden, where they have beautiful flowers, old trees, a lake and even a maze
- Take a sun bath by the lake with a view to the castle, visit the city center of Hillerød or do some shopping or eat in a cool place
How do you get to the castle?
- By train: take an A train from Central Station Copenhagen until Hillerød and then walk for 15 minutes. The journey take 40 minutes.
- By Bike: if you have a good bike and a lot of practice you will be there in just 2 hour.
This place is perfect for a romantic escapade, so don't miss it!