Why you should immediately book a trip to Expo Milan 2015
- Expo is the world's biggest fair and also the most extravagant and expensive one
- You will have another occasion in about... 5 years or so
- The theme chosen for the 2015 Milan Universal Exposition is Feeding the Planet, Energy for Life - being able to guarantee healthy, safe and sufficient food for everyone, while respecting the Planet and its equilibrium. It is a topic of great interest to us all
- 140 participating countries, 1.1 million square meters of exhibition area. Actually, it's like building a new city
- Every country comes with the best dishes and... you can taste it :) Expo Milano 2015 is the largest restaurant in the world.
- If you're not convinced yet, you should know that they have a Nutella pavilion. Yes, hurry, book the tickets :)
- Don't go there with the car. It's hard to find the parking because at some point the street signs disappear. Anyway, the Expo area is very easy to reach by subway.
- Plan at least a full day visit, there are many beautiful things to see and food to eat
- Wear very comfortable shoes. 1.1 million square meters is a lot :P
- Bring your camera, there are no restriction to taking photos
- There are free sources of water, natural or sparkling
- At the end of the day go to the Lake Arena, where visitors can attend breath-taking sound-and-light shows, with fire-works and other special effects. The Tree of Life is mesmerising!
By the way, did you know that The Eiffel Tower was designed as the entrance arch to the 1889 World's Fair?
If you are still not convinced, I will let the photos speak: