Recipe of the day: Cherry tomatoes pasta
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 150 gr pasta (75 gr/person is the recommended serving size). I had a mix of penne and fusilli
- 300 gr cherry tomatoes. It's tastier if you use the sweet type tomatoes.
- 1 big spoon of pesto. Or more if you like it :)
- One clove of garlic
- Fresh basil
- Grana Padano or Parmigiano Reggiano or parmesan cheese.
- Olive oil, salt and peper
- Add at least 4 quarts of water to a large pot. When it starts boiling add a pinch of salt. Add the pasta and cook respecting the time indicated on the package. Stir from time to time.
- Immediately after you put the pasta to boil, heat 4-5 spoons of olive oil in a pan. When the oil begins to sizzle add garlic and the cherry tomatoes. Set your stove on medium heat and gently stir from time to time.
- When the pasta is boiled, strain the water. Put the pasta in the pan over the tomatoes, add the pesto, one spoon of parmesan and fresh basil.
- Serve the pasta while is hot, adding some more fresh basil and parmesan.